Friday, August 14, 2009

Weddings

I posted about Jen's firepit yesterday, but I have a question about friends and weddings. I am a bridesmaid for her upcoming wedding and I want to get her something special for their wedding gift.

Do you do homemade stuff or do you prefer to buy from the registry? I am thinking of making her a quilt. I have an idea of what I want to do and what colors, but I am not going to post here in case she is reading;) Instead, I will share some of my favorite patterns:)





So what did you do? Homemade or storebought?

4 comments:

  1. I normally give storebought gifts, but I think a handmade one would be really appreciated by your friend. It will mean so much more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am NOT crafty, so something homemade from me would be no gift. Ah ha. But I would have adored receiving something like a handmade quilt from a friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! And you know, she is a quilter herself so I know that she would really be able to appreciate the effort...I think that's what I am going to do:) Thank you for your help!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Most of my wedding presents were bought, but I particularly value one wonderful handmade blanket, into which a huge amount of work had clearly gone. It'll be a family treasure.

    ReplyDelete